Digital Media Project
Results of 5th DMP General Assembly (GA05)
- DMP has approved WD 2.0 of Interoperable DRM Platform,
Phase I (IDP-1):
- The document will be
posted on the DMP website on 2005/02/14.
- IDP-1 is a toolkit
standard and will be approved by GA06 on 2005/04/15.
is complemented by the following documents under development
- IDP Use Cases contains Use Cases that
are believed to have a special value as examples of assembly of IDP
- Registration Authorities contains the
rules of operation of Registration Authorities.
- IDP Architecture contains set of basic
assumptions on which the establishment of IDP-enabled Value-Chains is
- Terminology contains the Terminology
used by DMP.
parties potentially affected by the final adoption of tIDP-1 are invited
their comments to the
- Join the WD
Editing ad hoc group (email reflector only)
has started the development of Reference Software.
- In furtherance of the policy established
by GA04 to develop the Interoperable DRM Platform in phases, DMP has issued
a Call for Proposals for Stationary Audio and Video Devices technologies
that are required in addition to those already being standardised in IDP-1.
Deadline for submissions is 2005/04/07T2300 GMT
- DMP is continuing work on Mapping of Traditional
Rights and Usages to the Digital Space. The Call for Contributions will be
issued at GA06 (April 2005)
- The DMP work plan has
been aligned to GA05 decisions
- Read the GA05